ETHICAL TRADING POLICY
At EML Retail Display Ltd. We believe strongly in ethical principles and good stewardship. We are therefore proud to guarantee that we trade according to the following Ethical Trading Criteria:
- All employment is freely chosen
- Working conditions are safe and hygienic
- Child labour is not used.
- Wages are fair and comparable to industry standard and will always exceed the minimum wage.
- Deductions from wages as a disciplinary measure shall not be permitted.
- Working hours are not excessive.
- No discrimination is practiced.
- Regular employment is provided for those who are employed on a permanent contract:
- No harsh, cruel or degrading treatment or practices are allowed.
- No bribery, corruption, blackmailing or bullying is permitted.
- Third party suppliers and buyers are both free to sell and buy from any number of other businesses. No restrictions, as a way of guaranteeing business, are allowed.
Our Full Ethical Trading policy Statement
- Policy Statement
EML Retail Display Ltd. recognises that our commercial activities have potential to impact on our suppliers and our locality. As a socially responsible business our suppliers, local community and customers have a right to expect:
- Products manufactured and sourced by EML Retail Display Ltd. are produced under working conditions that are hygienic and safe.
- All workers involved in the delivery of services provided by EML Retail Display Ltd. are treated with full consideration to their human basic rights.
- EML Retail Display Ltd. is therefore committed to implementing the principles of the Ethical Trading Initiative Base Code (although we are not members of the ETI).
- This policy sets out EML Retail Display Ltd. commitment to its suppliers and customers; setting out the measures we are taking to ensure that we are acting in an ethical manner.
- EML Retail Display Ltd. commitment to its suppliers, service providers and customers:
EML Retail Display Ltd. recognises that our ethical and social performance and reputation is a key part of our overall commercial success.
- Employees: EML Retail Display Ltd. is commited to ensuring that our employment practices and the enforcement of corporate regulations ensure the protection of the rights of all those who work for us. In many areas we aim to operate above the minimum standards required by law to ensure our employees are safe, rewarded and valued.
- Customers: EML Retail Display Ltd. is committed to demonstrating its ethical and social responsibility credentials to enable customers to make informed choices about whose services they purchase.
- Suppliers: EML Retail Display Ltd. is committed to monitoring social standards in our supply chain, and we encourage our suppliers to operate to the same ethical standards we employ ourselves.
- EML Retail Display Ltd. Ethical Trading Code of Practice
- This Code of Practice applies to:
- Staff directly employed by EML Retail Display Ltd. on temporary or permanent contracts.
- Staff employed or provided by contractors or employment agencies to work on EML Retail Display Ltd. premises or to undertake work for or on behalf of EML Retail Display Ltd.
- No forced, bonded or involuntary labour shall be used.
- All employment with TPS Visual Communications is freely chosen.
- Staff, are not required to lodge deposits or identity papers with us.
- Staff, are free to leave TPS Visual Communications after reasonable notice.
- No child Labour shall be used.
- There shall be no recruitment of child Labour.
- Children or persons under 16 are not employed at any time, day or night.
- Children or persons under 18 are not employed full-time.
- This Code of Practice applies to:
- Working Conditions are safe and hygienic
- EML Retail Display Ltd. takes adequate measures to prevent accidents and minimize potential hazards.
- Staff receive regular health & safety training.
- Staff have unrestricted access to toilet facilities and drinking water.
- EML Retail Display Ltd. has published Health & Safety policy.
- Working Hours and remuneration are reasonable and comparable to other companies in our sector and regular employment is provided.
- Staff pay rates are above the national legal minimum standards.
- Staff are not forced to work in excess of 48hours per week, a voluntary opt out agreement is available for those wishing to work in excess of 48 hours per week.
- Staff are provided 2 days off per week.
- Staff are given written terms and conditions of employment that details the employment relationship between and the respective obligations of the employee and employer, rates of pay, working hours, grievance and disciplinary procedures, holiday entitlement, absence and sick pay rules and notice periods for termination of employment.
- No deductions are made from wages as a disciplinary measure, and pay slips detailing lawful deductions are provided for each pay period.
- Labour only contracting, sub contracting and fixed terms contract are not used as a means to avoid obligations under labour or social security laws.
- No Discrimination is practiced
- There is no discrimination in pay, hiring, compensation, access to training, promotion and termination or employment or retirement on the grounds of race, nationality, religion, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, union membership or political affiliation.
- Opportunities of personal and career development are equally available to all employees.
- No Harassment, threats, abuse or intimidation shall be practiced. Physical, verbal and sexual threats, abuse, harassment or intimidation is expressly prohibited and grounds for summary dismissal, if proved.
- Employment Agencies
Employment agencies contracted to supply temporary staff shall demonstrate commitment to and application of the requirements of this code. Employment agencies contracted to supply temporary staff shall ensure that all staff supplied to EML Retail Display Ltd. are eligible to work in the UK by:
- Following Immigration and Nationality Directorate Guidelines on Amendments to section 8 of the Asylum and immigration act 1996.
- Ensuring that the requirements of the immigration and Asylum act 1999 section 22 code of practice are met.
- Retaining copies of identity papers, work permits or passports stamps as detailed in the Home Office List of Specified Documents and UK Passport Stamps.
- Employment agencies contracted to supply temporary staff shall ensure that all staff supplied to EML Retail Display Ltd. have sufficient command of English to understand:
- The agency’s responsibilities under this code of practice.
- EML Retail Display Ltd. health & Safety requirements.
- Written statements of employment particulars.
- Or have other measures in place to ensure that all these requirements are communicated in the employee’s native language.